CEF Durham Prayer Connection
” Wait upon the Lord and He will renew your strength… Cast all your cares upon Him and He will lift you up… Draw near to God and He will draw near to you… “ – These Words of God are a present reality to the CEF Durham Area Chapter. Through your faithful prayers, the Lord is making all things good.
Words from our CEF Founder, Rev. Jesse Overholtzer and the actions of our chapter today: “Everything By Prayer” — Nothing accomplished is completed nor successful without prayer.
- COVID-19 Response by multiple faith-based and civic organizations along with CEF Durham using the CEF “Wonder Why?” booklets for children as well as these resources
- CEF Durham is engaged weekly/monthly in citywide collaborative prayer groups on behalf of the Church at Durham, children and families, as well as for the various sectors of our city.
— Durham Ministers in Prayer
— Transformation/Ekklesia RDU
— Pray Durham
— Prayer at Courthouse, County Jail and Detention Center
— RDU Prays
— Pray Live
— National Day of Prayer Task Force
— Global 4/14 Day (Prayer Guide link below)
- Funds are needed for ministry expansion, staffing, operational and ministry expenses in 2021 for the Durham Area Chapter, which includes sponsoring city kids for camps this summer
CEF Prayer Requests
- Open hearts to the Gospel and that facilities will be open for children and families to attend Good News Clubs, special events, character education workshops, and sports camps in 14 adopted communities and schools in 3 area counties during 2021-2022
- That middle schools with flourish where we present our Power & Light programs and our new partnership with the John Maxwell Foundation
- Praise the Lord for over 100 donors who gave at least $100 each to sponsor kids to attend Camps for City Kids this summer
- Thankful for 20+ staff interns and teachers ministering to 80+ campers at our summer camp for city kids
God Can: Kids Prayer Requests
Requested by residents and kids while prayer walking in local communities where weekly Good News Clubs is held:
- Parents of city kids attending clubs – Pray for job opportunities and protection for their families